Join Barbara Bruno for an in-depth discussion in this video How to conduct reference checks, part of Technical Recruiting.
- View Offline
- How often do you get down the road only to find out…that your candidate is not getting…positive reference checks?…That's why it's so important to do reference checks…as early as you can because reference checks…reveal several things.…First of all, they're going to reveal the experience…and the credentials and skills of your candidate.…Next, they're going to reveal accomplishments,…and not only the accomplishments, but what was the impact…of the accomplishments on their past employers…which is something you can sell to a future client.…References are also going to show you their decision-making…ability and verify their starting date, their pay rate,…their salary, and their benefits.…
And lastly, reference checks give you…their reasons for leaving.…Now there's various types of reference checks…that you can conduct.…First of all, there's a telephone reference check,…and there are some advantages to doing…a telephone reference because you can verify the name…of the person who you are contacting to make sure…you, in fact, have their supervisor,…
There's a shortage of top technical talent worldwide. The demand for qualified technical recruiters has never been higher. The strategies in this course will help you recruit technical talent faster and meet the ever-growing demands of hiring authorities.
- Segments of IT recruiting
- Verifying credentials
- Managing visas and work restrictions
- Managing relationships with candidates
- Attracting top technical talent
- Overcoming candidate and hiring authority objections
- Negotiating and closing an offer