Learn about the criteria for selecting project and programme team members, such as what they may enjoy, what they can learn, and how they fit into the team—both in terms of knowledge, skills, and personality.
- It would seem obvious that you want the best people…on your project, and on all of the projects in your program.…But there are a few things to consider before you start.…First, you need to find out who your…existing resources are; how many you have of each type,…and therefore, how many additional resources that you need.…Some of the people available might have…partial commitment to other projects, so you'll need…to find out their availability over the time period…of your projects.…
And this applies equally to project managers…on your program, as well as all of the people…who will be carrying out the work.…And it could apply to sub contractors as well.…Then there are the criteria for selecting the ideal person.…Clearly, there's technical knowledge and skills,…if you have access to this information, it may not…be recorded anywhere, but just in the heads of…the line managers, who may have vested interests…in recommending the people that they don't want,…or not recommending the people who they want…to keep for their own work.…
- What is program management?
- Planning from the bottom up vs. top down
- Resource planning
- Managing projects, resources, and time
- Getting the staff you need
- Self-organizing teams