See what a good column architecture looks like in practice
- What I'd like to do now is walk through…how to create a layer architecture.…Let's look at an example with the same exact core idea.…We have a core idea of: we should acquire Acme…because we can achieve scale and increase profit by $X.…So our stakeholder in this case would be…somebody who's not grounded.…They don't have the background on our business,…they don't have context on…why we're making this recommendation, so we go with a layer.…Now, when I build a layer approach,…I like to start at the bottom.…
We'll have background, and then something has changed,…and then our core idea would follow from that.…In terms of background we might want…to share with this person, the easiest way to think about it…is imagine this person just joined the company yesterday…and you need to ground them on the situation.…What's our business look like?…What does the market look like?…What would you tell them?…Those are the types of things to include in your background.…In this example I've included that…our business is financially strong.…
- Recall how to use the Structured Thought and Communication method.
- Identify the best architectural style for your idea.
- Explore strategies for choosing the right title.
- Recognize efficient ways to prove and disprove hypotheses.
- Recall methods for conducting an analysis.
- Identify the most salient facts.
- Explore how to best finalize a presentation.