Understand how to create an architecture for your argument/recommendation
- When you go to build an architecture,…I highly encourage you to immediately grab a whiteboard.…I like to say architecture is a visual sport.…If you sit there and just talk about it, it won't pop out,…but when you put it on a whiteboard,…the architecture will emerge…just by building from the top down.…So what I'd like to do is walk through…how to create an architecture and I'll use a scenario…that will give context that will make…the architecture make sense.…Let's imagine you work for a credit card company.…
In the credit card industry, money is loaned to consumers…based on how risky their risk profile is,…and a lot of times they don't pay that money back.…When they don't pay the money back,…the credit card company will pursue collections activities…trying to get the money back.…The way a credit card company pursues collections…is they use a technology called a dialer.…That dialer loads up phone numbers of consumers…who haven't paid the money back,…and that dialer will spin through those phone numbers…and send connected calls to a collections agent…
- Recall how to use the Structured Thought and Communication method.
- Identify the best architectural style for your idea.
- Explore strategies for choosing the right title.
- Recognize efficient ways to prove and disprove hypotheses.
- Recall methods for conducting an analysis.
- Identify the most salient facts.
- Explore how to best finalize a presentation.