Understand how to create an architecture for your argument/recommendation
- When you go to build an architecture,…I highly encourage you to immediately grab a whiteboard.…I like to say architecture is a visual sport.…If you sit there and just talk about it, it won't pop out,…but when you put it on a whiteboard,…the architecture will emerge…just by building from the top down.…So what I'd like to do is walk through…how to create an architecture and I'll use a scenario…that will give context that will make…the architecture make sense.…Let's imagine you work for a credit card company.…
In the credit card industry, money is loaned to consumers…based on how risky their risk profile is,…and a lot of times they don't pay that money back.…When they don't pay the money back,…the credit card company will pursue collections activities…trying to get the money back.…The way a credit card company pursues collections…is they use a technology called a dialer.…That dialer loads up phone numbers of consumers…who haven't paid the money back,…and that dialer will spin through those phone numbers…and send connected calls to a collections agent…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Using the Structured Thought and Communication method
- Selecting an architecture style for your idea
- Testing your idea
- Refining your idea into a story
- Identifying the required facts
- Proving and disproving hypotheses
- Choosing a communication format
- Finalizing your presentation