The member will learn how to analyze process maps
- A process map is a graphical representation…showing the steps, activities, and decisions…involved in a process.…This process map was created earlier…during the measure phase,…so how do you analyze it?…Well, let's talk about it.…I have some recommendations and questions you can ask…when you analyze a process map.…My first recommendation is to identify any bottlenecks.…Ask, where are the delays?…Where are the holdups?…Highlight those steps.…
Then ask, why are there bottlenecks?…Is it because there's too much work required…at those bottleneck steps?…Could it be the workload is not balanced among the steps?…Perhaps there is not enough people or resources assigned…to carry out those steps.…Identify any workarounds.…Perhaps the official procedure is too unwieldy.…People bypass bureaucracy and take shortcuts.…Question why are there so many steps.…Ideally, the perfect process has only one step.…
Snap, and it's done.…Mission accomplished.…Examine each step and ask,…why is it needed?…What value does it add?…Identify the steps that really add value…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is Six Sigma?
- Understanding key concepts such as Y = f(x) and sigma level
- Selecting Six Sigma projects and team members
- Planning in the Define phase
- Gathering data in the Measure phase
- Analyzing data in the Analyze phase
- Selecting and evaluating solutions in the Improve phase
- Developing a control plan in the Control phase
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to Six Sigma
2. Key Concepts in Six Sigma
3. Selection of Six Sigma Projects
4. Define Phase
5. Measure Phase
6. Analyze Phase
7. Improve Phase
8. Control Phase
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.