Mike walks you through bottom-up, zero-based, commit, and stretch goals. He also helps you use goals to change behaviors, build new skills among employees, and make goals actionable with incentives. He concludes with a comprehensive plan for setting and implementing goals, and tips on dealing with challenges such as conflicting goals.
- Identify, set, and track SMART goals.
- Link goals to business strategy.
- Build goals from the bottom-up or the top-down.
- Create stretch goals.
- Review and revise goals.
- Reconcile conflicting goals.
Skill Level Intermediate
- Are you looking to improve your organization's performance? Do you want your people to focus on the right things? Goal-setting is the key to driving behavior, and achieving the performance you desire. I'm Mike Figliuolo, and I have worked with teams for decades, to set goals, focus on driving the most important results for the organization. Whether you're looking to improve profits, drive revenue, cut costs, or build skills, the goal-setting process is the same. In this course, I'll cover how to set smart goals, tying your goals to the organization's strategy, creating goals from the bottom up, and the top down, setting commit and stretch goals, and driving behavior change, through appropriate goal-setting. By using these goal-setting techniques, you'll be able to focus your efforts, change people's behavior, and achieve the results that will set your organization apart.