Along with providing guidance on how to link individual employee goals to organizational strategy, Mike walks you through the different types of goals, including bottom-up, zero-based, commit, and stretch goals. He also helps you use goals to change behaviors, build new skills among employees, and make goals actionable by using incentives and tying them to specific activities. He concludes with a comprehensive plan for setting and implementing goals, and some tips on dealing with challenges such as conflicting goals.
- Identifying goals and goal types
- Setting SMART goals
- Linking goals to business strategy
- Building goals from the bottom up or top down
- Creating stretch goals
- Outlining activities and resources to help employees achieve goals
- Reviewing and revising goals
- Reconciling conflicting goals
Skill Level Appropriate for all
- Are you looking to improve your organization's performance? Do you want your people to focus on the right things? Goal-setting is the key to driving behavior and achieving the performance you desire. I'm Mike Figliuolo, and I've worked with teams for decades to set goals focused on driving the most important results for the organization. Whether you're looking to improve profits, drive revenue, cut costs or build skills, the goal-setting process is the same.
In this course, I'll cover how to set smart goals, tying your goals to the organization's stategy, creating goals from the bottom up and the top down, setting commit and stretch goals, and driving behavior change through appropriate goal-setting. By using these goal-setting techniques, you'll be able to focus your efforts, change people's behavior, and achieve the results that will set your organization apart.