- Recall how to make a good impression on the first day of a temporary job.
- Explain how to most effectively influence coworkers on the first day of a job.
- Recognize how to impress a new manager so that you can gain access to new projects.
- Identify who you should build into your network.
- Name the social media platform best suited for connecting with your network to develop business relationships.
Skill Level Beginner
- Hi, I'm Aimee Bateman, I'm the Founder and CEO of CareerCake.com, and in this course, I'm gonna be showing you how you can get the most out of your temporary work placement. So you might have secured a semi-placement while studying or found a contract or a temporary role either yourself or through an agency, and this is an opportunity for you to get out there now into the commercial environment, to upskill yourself and to build wonderful relationships. This is a really exciting time, because you have to own your career, so just like you're the CEO of your own business, you are the CEO of your career, and I know that sounds really, really cheesy, but it's so true, because you don't own your job.
You never own your job. Jobs are owned by companies, jobs are owned by organizations. You own your career, and that could be the next 10, 20, 30, or 40 years. Now, this role may be for a week, it might be for an entire year, whatever it is that you are doing, I want to talk you through the strategies that you need to put in place and the activities that you need to do to turn this into a permanent job. And if this isn't the permanent job, I want you to use this to help you get a permanent job.
So we're gonna go through all of this. I'm gonna show you what to do on your first day. I'm gonna show you what to do in your first week, what you do in three weeks, what you do on your last day, and how to ultimately win in this situation, so let's get started.