Tatiana Kolovou explains how to prepare your answers ahead of time to answer questions on the spot and lead the Q&A session at the end of your presentation. She also demonstrates how to develop a strategy and prepare for this section of your presentation.
- The Q&A section of your speech is your time to shine. … Be sure to allow enough time for this important segment. … Because the more prepared you are, … the better relationship you will build with your audience, … and the more credible you will come across. … In the Q&A section, you have a chance to connect, … inform and inspire. … Let's break down these behaviors. … First, connect. … Invite the questions with a review of your content … and main theme and a smooth transition to Q&A, such as, … I wonder what comes to mind when you hear … all this information? … What questions do you have? … Show that you're really listening to the question … by possibly paraphrasing some of it … or repeating it, if you need clarification, … or using the last three words of the question … in your opening sentence, … or simply pausing before you answer. … Respond to the audience member who asked the question, … but refer to everyone in the room, … with larger audiences you may have to repeat the question. …
- Explore how to evaluate your audience's knowledge level.
- Define audience value.
- Recall how a 'forest vs. tree' analogy compares to the audience interview and presentation design.
- Recognize what logical appeal means in a presentation setting.
- Define emotional appeal in a presentation setting.