Join Whitney Johnson for an in-depth discussion in this video Hiring the right people, part of Entrepreneurship Fundamentals.
- Your business is growing.…You can no longer do everything by yourself.…It's time to hire your first employee.…You know it's a critical decision.…How do you get this right?…The first suggestion is to identify…what you really need the hire to do.…This is surprisingly difficult…because there's often a gap between…what we think we need and what we actually need.…Further, according to recent research,…we tend to hire people similar to us.…This helps with communication,…but there also needs to be enough difference…so skill sets are complimentary, not redundant.…
In order to piece together a high-performing team,…there are a number of diagnostics available…such as Teamability and Plumb.…Just as the Myers-Briggs test helps you…identify your personality type,…these diagnostics help you determine…your team type or what kind of team player you are.…The second is: "Try before you buy."…Some people interview extremely well, others don't,…which is one of the reasons that hiring is so tricky.…
It's like running for President of the United States.…
- Finding your idea/problem to solve
- Finding your first customer
- Writing a business plan
- Deciding on a legal structure
- Building a team of employees and advisors
- Marketing your business
- Building a website
- Minding cash
- Managing stress
- Funding growth
- Balancing entrepreneurship and life
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Financial Literacy: Reading Financial Reportswith Rudolph Rosenberg1h 25m Appropriate for all
Introduction to Content Marketingwith C.C. Chapman57m 32s Appropriate for all
1. Finding Your Big Idea
2. Starting Your Business
3. Building a Team
4. Marketing Your Business
5. Scaling Your Business
6. Funding Growth
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.