Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Assessing your needs
- Screening resumes
- Choosing your interview setting
- Understanding the types of interview questions
- Following legal guidelines
- Understanding interview bias
- Conducting an effective interview
- Dealing with interview challenges
- Conducting background checks
- Determining the offer package
- Writing a compelling offer letter<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Skill Level Intermediate
- Business is good, and you need to add more people to your team. Now what? In this course, we'll cover the steps you can take to hire the best person for your role. We'll begin by defining your requirements, and what would make the ideal candidate. Including the nuts and bolts of writing a job description. We then cover how you'll assess your candidates, from reviewing resumes to building selection activities. Next, we'll delve into interviewing, and how to build an interview plan, and questions, that will ensure applicants provide the information you need to make a solid selection.
Along the way, we'll view interview scenarios. Seeing what a good interview can look like, and how things can go wrong. Finally, we'll review the steps that occur after you've chosen your ideal candidate. You want to find the best person for the job. By taking the time to understand the principles in this course, you can increase the likelihood of a successful match.