…>> We've talked a little about helping your manager and right now,…I'd like to focus on one specific way you can do that.…Let's think about what it means to help your boss make decisions.…Now, there's a couple different perspectives here.…The first is the simple act of…offering information or perspectives they've not yet considered.…Maybe your boss is considering a policy change…that she thinks will save the company money.…Let's say it's a new policy on how to use expense accounts.…
You think she's correct, but you wonder…whether she's considered the impact on morale since…managing expense accounts with little oversight has…been the reality where you work for years.…So you mention that if you do go that route, you'll have to be sure you…don't appear to be micro-managing, that you aren't…suggesting that people have been irresponsible in any way.…Your boss may or may not change their view based on…your input, but the way you framed it is supportive of…her position while also offering food for thought that questions the…
- Explore how self-reflection is a starting point for understanding others.
- Review they ways that social capital (credibility) relate to performance, recognition, and helping others.
- Recall different kinds of communication channels you can establish with your manager.
- Identify the most effective ways to promote your accomplishments.
- Review methods for documenting issues that help you communicate up.
- Explore key strategies for working with a remote manager.
- Examine ways to repair a damaged relationship with your manager.