Clients expect their information to be kept confidential and you should have the same expectation of your own information. This applies to the project work you do for them, the business information you learn during your engagement, and anything related to your contracting arrangement. Your customer should be held to similar standards where they can't disclose anything about your operations, pricing, and methods to third parties. Some companies like pharmaceuticals, healthcare, and financial services also have confidentiality requirements related to patient or customer personal information. Also be explicit about what can or cannot be shared publicly about your engagement.
- Clients expect their information…will be kept confidential, and you should…have the same expectation of your own information.…This applies to the project work you do for them,…the business information you learn…during the engagement, and anything…related to your contracting arrangement.…Your client should be held to similar standards…where they can't disclose to others…anything about your operations, pricing, and methods.…Also, be explicit about what can…or cannot be shared about your engagement.…
Companies like pharmaceutical, healthcare,…and financial services firms have…confidentiality requirements for patient…or customer personal information, as well.…Understand the requirements for handling…confidential information and the consequences…of a confidentiality breach.…Not only can that breach void your contract,…it can also subject you to stiff penalties and damages.…Confidentiality provisions often survive…termination of the contract.…These provisions can last for two to 10 years…after a contract termination.…
- Identify effective consulting contracting techniques.
- Explain how to evaluate an attorney for legal counsel.
- Compare and contrast different types of major contracts.
- List the major players in a contracting process.
- Define payment terms.
- Define warranties and liability.
- Scope a consulting engagement.
- Describe how to negotiate major contract points.