Teams that collaborate speak up equally in meetings; they share knowledge freely; and they trust each other. Bottom line: open and effective team communication eliminates failures of empathy is group settings.
- As companies continue to go more and more global,…individual achievement is often judged…by how well that person can work within a team,…and companies that have the most collaborative teams…are generally more successful teams.…A really great example of this in action is…what's going on at Google.…They actually did an internal research project…called Project Aristotle that focused on why…some teams were more successful than other teams.…
They found that highly collaborative teams…brought in a lot more revenue from their efforts.…These terms were rated as effective by their managers…twice as often as their peers,…and their members were less likely to leave the company.…Now, what can we learn from this study and how can you get…some of those same benefits at your organization?…First of all, highly collaborative teams…speak up equally when they're in meetings,…and this isn't a situation where everyone is forced…to speak before they can go on with their day.…
What's happening here is that each team person feels…
- What is empathy?
- How to be empathetic at work
- Practicing positive communication
- Identifying communication styles
- Approaching difficult conversations
- Practicing empathy in groups
- Fostering collaboration
- Encouraging coworkers