In this video the viewer can learn about HR's role in talent acquisition and staffing.
- In my career,…I've had the good fortune of working for companies…with strong employer brands.…That means, before applying,…I already had a sense of the values and priorities…of these companies.…So, I would convince myself that I wanted to work there…before a recruiter even noticed my resume.…That's what talent acquisition is all about.…Talent acquisition involves attracting the best talent…to a company.…Having a strong employer brand makes it…that much easier for a recruiter to do their job.…
Both during times of economic growth and decline,…an employer's brand helps them maintain…a competitive advantage.…A strong brand makes it easier to find talent…when talent is in high demand…and, alternately, helps foster morale during times…when the business economy is suffering.…HR professionals contribute to defining a company…as the employer of choice…by articulating the company's value proposition…to potential employees.…
HR pros also leverage social media sites,…like LinkedIn, to promote the company brand…and make connections with other professionals.…
Disclaimer: This course is not produced nor endorsed by HRCI®.
- Name the four traditional organizational structures.
- Explain the rights an employee has when they are affected by a reduction in force (RIF).
- List the five motivational theories.
- Identify the differences between the entitlement and pay-for-performance compensation strategies.
- Determine which of the five generations is considered the first true digital natives.
- Recall the duties of a chief information officer.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 07/05/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover risk and change management, learning and development, and total rewards. In addition, the following topics were updated: PHR exam outline and HR’s strategic focus.