In this video the viewer can explore how HR leverages compensation structures to support an organization's strategic alignment.
- What if you were offered a base salary, bonus potential,…free tuition for your children and yourself, a free home,…a car, and the option to live anywhere in the world?…Well, you'd probably pinch yourself first to make sure…you're awake because that's an amazing opportunity.…That's exactly what HR is trying…to accomplish as we design pay systems…to attract, engage, and retain talent.…So let's discuss how pay systems are designed…and how HR pros measure their effectiveness.…
Compensation comes in two forms,…either direct or indirect.…Direct compensation includes…any payments made directly to an employee,…such as base pay or commissions.…Indirect compensation includes paid time off, holiday pay,…or 401(k) contributions made by the employer…on the employee's behalf.…When designing pay systems, it's important to understand…the difference between exempt and nonexempt employees.…
Certain rules about wages are determined…based on what the employee classification is.…For example, nonexempt employees are entitled…to minimum wage and overtime pay…
Disclaimer: This course is not produced nor endorsed by HRCI®.
- Name the four traditional organizational structures.
- Explain the rights an employee has when they are affected by a reduction in force (RIF).
- List the five motivational theories.
- Identify the differences between the entitlement and pay-for-performance compensation strategies.
- Determine which of the five generations is considered the first true digital natives.
- Recall the duties of a chief information officer.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 07/05/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover risk and change management, learning and development, and total rewards. In addition, the following topics were updated: PHR exam outline and HR’s strategic focus.