- Recognize why today’s employees choose to work for an organization.
- Recall the importance of separating feedback from compensation decisions.
- Explain how HR should view the process of digital transformation.
- Identify how beliefs are translated into everyday actions.
- Name the lifeblood of HR.
Skill Level Intermediate
- I think the way that we teach digital is wrong. We focus on technology, with the focus on the how, not the why. (uplifting music) HR and digital. What do they have to do with each other? Everything, I believe. My name is Charlene Li, and I'm a bestselling author and analyst, and I have been studying digital transformation for the past two decades. And my research has found that as organizations are going through a digital transformation, they focus so much on the technology.
What's going on with digital? What are the trends we have to listen to? But what I have found, that it's never about the technology. The problems that they have, the issues around digital transformation have nothing to do with technology. They actually have everything to do with people. And that's why HR and digital coming together is so important. HR professionals need to be a part of the digital transformation. Because this is hard work.
We're asking people to change the way that they work, the mindsets to be thinking about things in a different way, and more importantly, the way that relationships are formed inside an organization are fundamentally changing because of digital. No one is in a better position to understand that than HR. In fact, I think it's an imperative that HR be involved in the whole digital transformation of an organization. So, my hope is that this course will provide you with the frameworks, with the capabilities, and more importantly, with the confidence to sit yourself at that digital transformation table and help the organization go through this seismic change.