In this video, learn how to create a vision by finding a quiet place and asking what you would like to become, do, and have in five years.
- Having a vision is a powerful tool…when it comes to growing your focus.…A vision can set the direction for your life…and give you a course to follow…to get to a powerful place.…It can also inspire you and motivate you to do more.…So where can we begin to create a vision?…There are many ways to do this.…In this short video, I just want to give you…a simple start at creating a vision.…This is something you're going…to want to do at the end of this video.…
First, find a quiet place, a digital sanctuary…where you won't be interrupted by anyone,…where you can sit for five minutes uninterrupted.…During this time, you're not going to do anything.…You're not even going to write down your thoughts.…You just want to ponder three questions:…What do I want to become five years from now?…What do I want to do five years from now?…And what do I want to have five years from now?…Sit for five minutes, and picture this in your mind.…
Then, after the five minutes are up,…you'll want to take some time,…and write down the thoughts that…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Maintaining focus for longer periods of time
- Using your calendar to preserve focus
- Building a mental firewall
- Establishing expectations and boundaries
- Making time for others
- Avoiding distractions in a digital world
- Improving your workspace