In this video, Dave Crenshaw discusses how to grow your focus by using the right tools. Learn which tools are worth investing in and the value of having duplicates to keep your productivity high.
- One way that we can grow your focus in the workspace…is by improving the tools that you have.…I once heard a story about a business…that had what they called the company hammer.…Anytime anyone needed to hammer something in the business,…they had to walk around and find…the one company hammer that every single person used.…Now this extreme example illustrates how having…the wrong tools or not enough tools…can really disrupt your focus.…
We can also flip that though, by having…high quality tools and the best of them,…we can remain focused for longer periods of time.…Let's first of all consider perhaps the most important…tool in the modern office, which is your computer.…For example, consider the monitor that you use.…Is it big enough? Does it have high quality graphics?…Does it allow you to avoid eye strain…over a long period of time?…I've invested in a high quality gaming monitor…that is actually big enough for two monitors in one space.…
Next take a look at your keyboard.…Is is comfortable? Is it ergonomic?…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Maintaining focus for longer periods of time
- Using your calendar to preserve focus
- Building a mental firewall
- Establishing expectations and boundaries
- Making time for others
- Avoiding distractions in a digital world
- Improving your workspace