Join Dave Crenshaw for an in-depth discussion in this video Group meetings, part of Leading Productive Meetings.
- This course is designed to be useful for anyone who participates in a meeting, whether you're the person who is leading the meeting, or you are participating as part of the group. This course is geared toward group meetings, which means three or more people attending at a time. While the principles I'll teach are universal to any type of meeting, there is another course here called Leading Productive One-On-One Meetings if you're interested in learning how to conduct private meetings that are effective.
Also, it may be helpful to download the exercise files in advance. These files include templates and checklists that you can use to prepare and hold effective meetings. While you're welcome to use these exactly as provided to you, I would suggest that you use these as a starting point, and then adapt them to the needs of your organization. Now, let's get started.
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
- Plan how to use technology successfully in your meetings.
- Determine how to select and support a meeting leader.
- Prepare what you need to make meaningful commitments in a meeting.
- Identify successful ways to initiate a meeting.
- Propose challenging ideas while promoting and maintaining healthy relationships.
- Delegate and coordinate work successfully.
- Follow up consistently to create a workplace culture of accountability.