Learn about planning strategies and options for ground transportation to and from the event.
- I hope you're having a great time planning your event.…Once you have most of the major elements in place,…it's a perfect time to talk about ground transportation.…And just so we're all on the same page,…ground transportation refers specifically to transportation…that's not by air, rail, or boat.…The specifics of your event will determine…how much ground transportation you need to plan, if any.…In order to make this determination,…it's helpful to keep in mind the overall goal,…which is to make sure that everyone is able to get…where they need to go comfortably, and efficiently.…
Ground transportation that is convenient, comfortable,…and on-time will make…getting to and from the event feel effortless.…It will also make the attendees feel taken care of…and help reduce any stress…that they may have about traveling.…Navigating an unfamiliar city…or country can be very daunting,…especially if you don't speak the language.…Arranging ground transportation for your guests,…you put them at ease…and allow everyone to focus on what's most important,…
- Identify the two most important principles of event planning.
- Describe the process of negotiating a budget for an event.
- Explain the most important factors when planning a menu.
- Summarize the different types of vendors and what they offer.
- Cite the various options for ground transportation and how to choose the best type for your event.