Join Laura Bergells for an in-depth discussion in this video Goodbye, part of Crisis Communication.
- Communicating during and after a crisis…can be nerve wracking and challenging.…By understanding the fundamentals…of crisis communication response,…you're taking the first steps to learning…how to communicate calmly, quickly, and confidently.…What I've covered in this course is an overview…of the basic principles of crisis communication response.…If you'd like to learn more,…download the exercise file and complete each activity.…You can do this alone, but it can be more engaging…to go through the exercises as part of a team…or an instructor-led classroom discussion.…
The exercise file also includes links…to additional resources that I hope you'll find helpful…as you continue to explore crisis communication.…I encourage you to learn and grow on what you've seen here.…I sincerely hope you don't ever have to face a crisis,…but the next time you do, you'll be more prepared…to respond with confidence.…
- Define crisis.
- Explain how to respond quickly and confidently.
- Identify different audiences in crisis.
- Assess technical and physical resources.
- Describe how to establish a chain of command.
- Develop hold statements.
- Identify how to avoid common crisis response mistakes.
- Review your crisis communication response.