This course is aimed at helping managers learn how to maximize the benefits while minimizing the costs and risks associated with global expansion. Anil K. Gupta, Michael Dingman Chair in Strategy and Globalization at The University of Maryland's Smith School, and one of the world's leading experts on global strategy, outlines the logic of global strategy and the questions you need to address in order to globalize your company's market presence and leverage global resources.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Why go global?
- Prioritizing across the world's markets
- Designing entry strategies
- Frugal innovation
- Leveraging global resources
- Cultivating a global mindset
Skill Level Intermediate
- Did you know that according to Apple's CEO Tim Cook, China will soon surpass the United States as the biggest market for iPhones? Or that India is the number two country in terms of Facebook users? As these and other markers tell us, for most companies in most industries, the game today is global, not local. I want to help you understand the key concepts and logics that you could use to design your own company's global strategy.
My name is Anil Gupta. I'm a professor of strategy and globalization at the University of Maryland. For the past 25 years, I have researched hundreds of companies and consulted with companies all over the world, helping them develop and fine-tune their global strategies and organizations. In this course, I want to share with you the foundations of building a global strategy.
I will start by helping you understand what a global company is and why companies choose to expand globally. I will then share two major topics: how companies should develop a strategy for globalizing their market presence and how companies should leverage global resources to build competitive advantage. I will then discuss why and how managers can deepen the globalization of their mindset.
Come, join me on this global voyage.