Join Britt Andreatta for an in-depth discussion in this video Getting the most from this course, part of Leadership Foundations.
Obviously, leadership is a big topic and there was no way I could fit everything into one course, which is why this will be the first in a series I'm authoring. This course serves as the overview and we'll explore what leadership is and the key skills and strategies effective leaders use to create successful organizations. Future courses in the series will delve more deeply into several of those key skills. I recommend that you watch this one through once to get an overview of the various tools and strategies. After watching it, choose one to two skills that you want to make your focus over the next few weeks.
It's difficult to change everything at once, so just pick what you want to do first, knowing that you'll get to the others over time. Also remember that the skills we need change as we move between roles in organizations. I recommend that you revisit this course periodically to review key concepts or focus on a new skill you wish to develop. Throughout this course, I've prepared extensive worksheets and handouts for you to use as you hone your leadership skills. These documents have been provided in the Exercise Files tab for all lynda.com subscribers. I've also provided a course outline for premium subscribers.
I recommend that you download these worksheets. That way you can easily access them when I reference them during the course.
- What is leadership, and when are you leading?
- Mapping your leadership competencies
- Dealing with changing scope and stakes
- Motivating and engaging others
- Increasing team performance
- Developing political acumen
- Creating a culture of trust and integrity
- Developing resilience<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.