Join Lisa Gates for an in-depth discussion in this video Getting the most from this course, part of Coaching and Developing Employees (2013).
To make this course as relevant and specific to you as possible, I'll be asking you a series of coaching questions all along the way, similar to the ones you might ask your employees. The idea is that doing the work yourself will give you a practical sense of what the process is like and its potential impact. You'll find these questions, along with development exercises, employee self-assessments and other resources in the exercise guide for this course. This guide is provided free for all lynda.com subscribers.
I recommend downloading the exercise guide and use it as your workbook as you go through this course. So, let's get started.
- Establish a coaching relationship with your employees.
- Demonstrate the cornerstones of coaching.
- List examples of "PowerTalk Practice".
- Describe how to challenge your employees for growth.
- Identify how to manage accountability and give future-focused feedback.
- Align professional goals with company objectives.
- Design stretch opportunities.