Nobody's perfect but a team can be, helping each other's weaknesses and on off days. To be the best you need specialists (quarterbacks, receivers, kickers, etc.) Learn how teamwork helps get the job done.
- I don't think I'm a natural team player.…And I'm certainly not very good at following instructions.…I'd rather be in charge.…My ideal team size is one.…So, it doesn't always come naturally to me…and I don't think being a great team player…comes naturally to anyone.…The person who just blends in and does whatever…their colleagues want is also not really…an all around team player.…Because they probably won't point out snags in the plan,…or take unpopular decisions, or challenge others…who aren't contributing to the team.…
Lots of things need to be done in a team…and we can't possibly all be naturals at doing all of them.…Nobody can do everything and nobody is perfect,…but a team can be.…And a team can cover every skill that's needed.…So, a team is really the only way…to get something difficult done.…Partly, this is about specialists.…You might need a quarterback, some receivers,…maybe a kicker who only comes on for a couple of minutes…in the whole match but does something…that nobody else can do, etcetera.…
But it's also about helping each other…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Getting the job done
- Dividing up the work
- Cultivating communication
- Handling conflict
- Delivering reliably
- Playing more than one role
- Using your strengths and dealing with your weaknesses
Skill Level Beginner
Project Management Foundations: Teamswith Bob McGannon1h 29m Appropriate for all
1. The Importance of Teams
2. What Makes a Great Team?
3. Your Responsibility to Other Team Members
4. Becoming a Better Team Member
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.