Your primary focus needs to be on managing your teams and delivering client services. Seek out support to help you with other functions. Administrative assistants, accountants, attorneys, publicists, marketers, and technology partners can perform activities in their area of expertise faster, cheaper, and better than you can when you factor in opportunity cost of your time. Spend the money to get the support you need.
- Your primary focus needs to be on managing your teams…and delivering great client service.…Get support to help with other functions.…Administrative assistants, accountants,…attorneys, publicists, marketers,…and technology partners perform activities…in their area of expertise…better, faster, and cheaper than you can…when you factor in the opportunity costs of your time.…Pick your providers based on your real needs.…When you're first starting out you don't need to spend…tens of thousands of dollars on a website…or hire an army of attorneys to nail down…every possible legal need.…
Grow into your services over time,…both to conserve cash and prevent throwaway work.…Decide what you'll delegate,…what you'll keep doing yourself, and how you'll manage.…When running your own business…it's hard to let go of things.…If you don't truly delegate the work,…you're wasting both time and money.…Be realistic about the benefits you'll get…from outsourcing or delegating that work, though.…For example, at thoughtLEADERS…I do all my own travel arrangements.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Identify types of consulting business models.
- Describe revenue models.
- Explain how to estimate and manage costs.
- Price services using pricing strategies.
- Explain how to negotiate deals with clients.
- List effects of responding to RFPs.
- Identify the phases of constructing a consulting engagement.
- Present findings and implement recommendations.
- Describe different ways to manage legal issues.
Skill Level Beginner
Understanding Intellectual Propertywith Dana Robinson1h 31m Appropriate for all
1. Define Your Consulting Business
2. Marketing and Selling
3. Contract and Protect Yourself
4. Run the Consulting Engagement
5. Handle Administration
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.