Some types of consulting require you to have licenses to practice. You may also need to be certified by licensing boards or associations. There are also certifications that help you win business. Things like being certified as a small business, veteran owned, and minority or female owned can make you eligible for special consideration by your clients. Know what all these certifications are, how to get them, and how to maintain them.
- Some types of consulting require you…to have licenses to practice.…You may need to be certified by licensing boards…or associations.…Find out which licenses or certifications…you need before you start your firm.…Understand how much they cost each year.…Know what it takes to get licensed.…Are there exams?…Or do you simply have to fill out and submit a form?…What's it take to maintain your license…beyond any annual fees?…Do you have to complete any continuing education credits?…Does everyone in your organization need to be licensed?…Or is it enough for one person to hold the certificate?…Licenses and certifications can be costly.…
License fees, exam and continuing education credit cost…and the cost of not serving clients…during certification time can have a big impact…on your profitability and cashflow.…In additional licenses, there are certifications…that can help you win business.…If your business is certified as small,…veteran owned, minority owned or women owned,…you may be eligible for special consideration…
- Identify types of consulting business models.
- Describe revenue models.
- Explain how to estimate and manage costs.
- Price services using pricing strategies.
- Explain how to negotiate deals with clients.
- List effects of responding to RFPs.
- Identify the phases of constructing a consulting engagement.
- Present findings and implement recommendations.
- Describe different ways to manage legal issues.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Define Your Consulting Business
2. Marketing and Selling
3. Contract and Protect Yourself
4. Run the Consulting Engagement
5. Handle Administration
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.