The member will learn techniques for generating, evaluating and selecting potential solutions
- What is that old saying about insanity?…Doing the same thing over and over again…and expecting different results?…Such insanity is exactly what you…don't want to do when you develop…solutions for your project.…Let's discuss how you should generate,…evaluate and select solutions.…To generate ideas and potential solutions…use brainstorming and other creative thinking techniques.…One such technique, taken from Edward de Bono,…is Six Thinking Hats.…
This technique calls for members of the team…to wear different colored hats,…where each color represents a thinking role…such as optimism, devil's advocate,…creativity, and so on.…Basically, the person wearing that hat…takes on that personality.…Another technique is Anti-Brainstorming…where you brainstorm how to make things worse.…The project team shouldn't be…the only ones coming up with the creative solutions.…You want to get the help of subject matter experts,…process owners, and process operators.…
Get all the help you need.…Once you generate a list of possible solutions,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is Six Sigma?
- Understanding key concepts such as Y = f(x) and sigma level
- Selecting Six Sigma projects and team members
- Planning in the Define phase
- Gathering data in the Measure phase
- Analyzing data in the Analyze phase
- Selecting and evaluating solutions in the Improve phase
- Developing a control plan in the Control phase
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to Six Sigma
2. Key Concepts in Six Sigma
3. Selection of Six Sigma Projects
4. Define Phase
5. Measure Phase
6. Analyze Phase
7. Improve Phase
8. Control Phase
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.