Join Guy Kawasaki for an in-depth discussion in this video Gaining followers on social media, part of Guy Kawasaki on Entrepreneurship.
- My top tips, cause I [inaudible] track of numbers, my top tips for gaining more followers. First of all, you have to understand, there's only two types of people on social media: people who say they want more followers and the liars, 'kay? Everybody wants more followers. So what can you do to get more followers? Number one, post good stuff. Duh. The reason why people follow people is to get value. If you post good stuff, you give value, you get more followers. What a concept. That's it, we could stop right here. That would be the most important thing.
So that's number one. Number two, always embed a video or attach a picture to every post. It'll double engagement. Very important. Number three, be bold. Tell people what you think. Express your opinion. You don't have to be right or wrong, it's what you believe. I mean, it's your social media. I'm not saying you should go off the deep end, but, you know, don't be afraid. If you want to take a stand on vaccination or take a stand on gun control or take a stand on liberal versus conservative, all this kind of stuff.
Be bold. It's more interesting. Third tip. Fourth tip is, practice good karma that when you find something good from somebody else, credit the source. Re-share other people's posts. Give them credit, give them kudos. The rising tide floats all boats. So help all others. And my last tip is have fun. You should have fun. Because if you have fun, you'll post more, you'll look for better stuff, you'll be more enthusiastic. It's also part part of the upward tide.
- The critical nature of prototyping
- The qualities of an MVVVP (minimum viable, valuable, validating product)
- The irrelevance of business plans
- The qualities of state-of-the-art pitches
- The replacement of marketing with social media