These lessons will help you understand the importance of logistics and help your company prepare for efficient delivery, distribution, and inventory. Plus, get insights on the latest logistics trends.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Define order fulfillment.
- Describe the significance of logistics.
- Explain outbound and inbound logistics.
- Distinguish among transportation options.
- Explain the Bullwhip Effect.
- Identify types of obstacles to coordination.
- Manage customer requirements.
- Describe how to differentiate your company.
Skill Level Appropriate for all
- Logistics is everywhere. When you pass an 18-wheeler on the highway, when you shop in your local grocery, when you open your front door to receive a package from Amazon.com you are having a logistics moment. Have you ever wondered what's involved in this fascinating world of logistics? If so, you're absolutely in the right place. My name is Steven Brown, and I have been working in logistics and supply chain management for over 30 years in countries all over the world. I currently teach these topics at the W.P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University.
In this course I will teach you the Fundamental Principles of Logistics. I'll start by helping you understand logistics and why it's so important to business success. I'll then share about the different types of logistics and the processes that make up an effective logistics system. I'll also show you how these processes integrate with other business strategies, and close out with an in-depth view of current trends in logistics management. Becoming a logistics professional is all about knowing how these principles, processes and strategies work together to make your company a success, so let's get started.