This course is the first in a series with LinkedIn Influencers, a select group of highly influential entrepreneurs, creative thinkers, global leaders, and policy makers chosen to share their thoughts with LinkedIn members. Keep the conversation going. Share these ideas with your own friends and followers.
- Review the important elements of Angeli’s story.
- Examine how to listen in a disarming way.
- Recognize the techniques to use while speaking so that you are understood.
- Explore how to negotiate on the interests.
- Determine the elements of making a commitment.
- Explore the components of coming up with an alternative to a negotiated agreement.
Skill Level Intermediate
- Have you ever felt that if you tell the other person what you really think that's going to be the end of your relationship? Have you ever stopped yourself from saying what you think for the sake of continuing that relationship? Or perhaps after a while you've really told them what you think and then effectively realize that that ended the relationship. If you feel like that, you're not alone. My name is Fred Kofman and I've been coaching executives for about 20 years. And my clients have felt this both at home and at work countless times and they spend many years blaming the conflict for this dilemma. What we've learned is that it's not the conflict. It's how you handle the conflict that makes the difference. In this course we'll see that it is possible to tell the truth and keep the relationship, getting the job done. The three things work together. Your integrity with yourself, you create a strong relationship with others, and then you work together to reach a shared goal. We will look at both theory and practice with a practical example where one of our coachees, Angeley, is going to be dealing with an employee that is difficult, and yet the difficulty is not in the employee, the difficulty will be solved by getting better tools. Come join us in this journey.