Join Todd Dewett for an in-depth discussion in this video Fostering accountability, part of Motivating and Engaging Employees (2013).
- Any discussion of a performance management process…has to include the topic of accountability.…Unfortunately, it's often absent.…People find it pretty easy to talk about the other parts…of the process, which includes goals, feedback,…and formal performance evaluations.…But sometimes they feel that accountability is difficult,…like a form of conflict they'd rather avoid.…Accountability simply refers to holding people…to agreed-upon standards, having them receive…the sometimes difficult feedback they need,…based on their performance.…
In many ways, this is the opposite of recognition…and rewards for great performance.…But please hear me carefully.…Accountability isn't about handing out punishments.…It's a bigger concept about letting a person know…where they stand and how they might need to improve.…When you have clear standards and…the necessary conversations, your team will be better off.…Higher morale, higher productivity, and a sense…that the team culture is fair.…When you fail to effectively hold people accountable,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Assessing employee engagement
- Providing autonomy
- Building a transparent culture
- Modeling desired behavior
- Using monetary and nonmonetary motivators
- Fostering accountability
- Developing career paths for employees<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.