Form your team based on engagement scope and deliverables. Consider the required expertise and bandwidth it takes to deliver on the scope of work you've agreed upon with the client. The team will consist of your associates, client team members, and external contractors or experts. You'll need to assign specific roles to each team member so there's clarity on who's responsible for each engagement activity.
- Form your team based on engagement scope and deliverables.…Consider the required expertise and bandwidth…it will take to deliver on the scope of work…you've agreed to with a client.…The team will consist of your associates, client personnel…and external contractors or experts.…You'll need to assign specific roles…to each team member so there's clarity…on who's responsible for each engagement activity.…Let the needs of the engagement dictate the team you build.…
At Thought Leaders, we actually serve…another consulting firm as our client.…They wanted to define…the competency model for their consultants.…When we staffed the engagement,…we had team members from the client side…who knew their people and knew their culture.…When we went to staff it from my side,…I picked team members who had all been consultants…at major consulting firms.…I mean, who better to define the competency model…for consultants than people who had worked…at a big consulting firm?…It was a perfect staffing for that engagement.…
Another time, I was the client.…
- Working as a consultant
- Generating revenue as a consultant
- Cost structures, pricing, finances, and taxes
- Marketing and selling consulting services
- Negotiating and contracting
- Working with clients
- Presenting findings to clients
- Implementing recommendations
- Managing legal issues
- Insuring a business
- Getting licensed and certified
Skill Level Beginner
Understanding Intellectual Propertywith Dana Robinson1h 31m Appropriate for all
1. Define Your Consulting Business
2. Marketing and Selling
3. Contract and Protect Yourself
4. Run the Consulting Engagement
5. Handle Administration
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.