Mistakes happen. It's not personal. Learn how to stop dragging around emotional baggage by forgiving your team membersâ€”and yourself.
- Your final responsibility to your teammates…is to forgive them when they stray.…Nobody's perfect and mistakes will happen,…especially if people are pushing themselves…and taking risks in order to strive to be great.…So the thing is to realize that…mistakes happen, it's not personal.…Conflicts and problems can happen…because people's personalities vary.…Not everyone can have everything they want…in a team situation or because time is often short…and communication's the first thing that gets reduced…when of course it's one of the most important.…
Maybe they didn't tell you…about some part of the plan.…Maybe you got left out.…Maybe a decision was made when you weren't there.…Maybe they weren't very diplomatic…about telling you that your idea wasn't very good.…These things will happen,…and a good team player will let them go.…Dragging around emotional baggage…just slows you down.…So as long as you can feel that what happened to you…is just chance and it's not going to be a habit…or that the process is being improved for next time,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Getting the job done
- Dividing up the work
- Cultivating communication
- Handling conflict
- Delivering reliably
- Playing more than one role
- Using your strengths and dealing with your weaknesses
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Importance of Teams
2. What Makes a Great Team?
3. Your Responsibility to Other Team Members
4. Becoming a Better Team Member
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.