A strong follow up process can uncover small problems before they become major issues. Learn how to find firms that have an effective follow up process, so they can provide you with top-quality, long-term employees.
- Where most recruiters drop the ball is after…they place someone in a job.…They're under pressure to fill additional requisitions,…so their focus changes from the place candidate…to the new candidates they're recruiting.…But a strong follow up process can over small problems…before they become major issues,…and it's a value added service that you should expect.…Before you engage your recruiting firm,…talk to them about your follow up process…after they place someone in a job.…
There should always be a follow up process…whether the position is a full time job,…contract, or temp assignment.…You want to know that the firm is the candidate's advocate…from the initial interview, throughout the hiring process,…and after they are placed.…Ask them to outline the onboarding process they use…for their full-time hires, contractors,…and temp workers to align them with their client's company.…Ask how often they communicate during the two week notice…and after their candidates have started their new job.…
Next, ask them how they handle problems or issues…
- Recall the purpose of a gap analysis.
- Recognize the most insightful way to analyze retention rates.
- List three aspects of a recruiting firm that should be analyzed to determine if they fit your needs.
- Name three types of information you can obtain by reading a recruiting firm’s LinkedIn profile.
- Determine two important areas that indicate a recruiter’s success.
- Identify pertinent information that should be included in an annual prospectus.