Let Aimee guide you through the five steps that will help you create your own pitch.
- So lay out the five steps…before I go into more detail about them.…Engage with a relatable question.…Explain what you do, and then once you've done that,…communicate your value.…Promote an achievement, and then demonstrate your passion.…So firstly, engage with a relatable question.…Make it personal to them.…Every commercial activity solves a problem,…so make them feel like they can relate to it.…Directly or indirectly, make them identify with…and relate to, if possible, the problem that you solve.…
Because that is your hook.…Once they feel that, once they have engaged,…it's so much easier for you to continue with your pitch…because they're really listening now.…So, obviously, I work at Careercake, so I say,…Have you ever had a job that you hated,…felt like no one sees you or really values you?…And then you come home and you feel really down?…Now I want to make this point,…because this is really important.…You have to change your question, your relatable question,…based on the person that you're speaking to.…
This course was created by Careercake, the careers content platform. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Recall how to create a relatable elevator pitch question.
- Explain how to present an elevator pitch.
- Recognize the importance of practicing an elevator pitch.
- Identify the proper length of an elevator pitch.
- Name what a personal elevator pitch should include.