Learn the four problems that happen early, and why poor negotiation skills is only one reason.
- Do you ever wonder why your deals fall apart?…Well, it's usually one of five reasons.…The first reason is smoke and mirrors.…The buyer has no intention of actually buying.…They're just using you to get a lower price…from their existing vendor.…So, this wasn't even your deal to win.…It was never even on the table.…Now, you can find this out early by asking,…who are you using now and why are you considering a change?…That will reveal whether the buyer's really serious.…
The second reason deals fall apart is…the buyer's surprised.…Sometimes we forget to tell them things…that actually show up in the contract.…Is there a 24 month commitment that you forgot to mention?…You never want your buyer uncovering…a major contractual point when you're in negotiation.…Even if it wasn't your intent to leave it out,…it makes your buyer feel deceived…and that can blow the whole deal.…So, make sure you cover everything…before you ask the buyer to sign.…And the third reason is, a lot of times,…the seller doesn't ask for the close.…
- Identify the focus of your opening questions.
- List the three types of negotiators.
- Name three circumstances in which you should not negotiate.
- Recall how to tell the difference between a negotiator and a buyer.
- Recognize techniques that can help diffuse anger.
- Determine the best approach when a customer knows all of your product offerings.