Learn how to proactively manage your career by building a career profile that will guide your future growth.
- Are you in your first or second career and not feeling satisfied? Maybe you were told success means money or to follow your passion, but it's just not working out for you. How do you figure out what's wrong? Research has shown that it's about more than money and/or just doing something you love. Being satisfied in your career is about the ability to learn, grow in responsibilities, contribute, and be recognized. This course is structured to help people that have less than 10 years of experience identify the contributing factors to their own successful career.
I'll help you match this to the roles and industries of interest and develop a plan to help you achieve your career goals. Now more than ever, it's important to spend time understanding how to develop your skills that will allow you to pivot your career as industries and roles are ever changing. My name is Valerie Sutton, and my career has been focused on understanding what drives a persons career choices and how they achieve their goals. Please join me as we explore what drives you, and how you can develop your own course of action for your career.
- Identifying your mission alignment
- Finding the right work culture
- Understanding work roles
- Researching salary ranges
- Identifying employer needs
- Identifying your gaps
- Strengthening your skills
- Building experience outside of academia
- Evaluating degree programs based on ROI
- Presenting yourself as the best candidate