Join Peter High for an in-depth discussion in this video Finding points of alignment, part of Creating Your IT Strategy.
- If you scour the popular business press…and do the same for the popular technology press,…you may notice that there are some themes…that are shared between these categories.…Today, technology trends are business trends.…This may not have been the case in years gone by…when technology was primarily a source of cost savings…as manual processes were automated.…Technology continues to be a source of cost savings…among other efficiencies,…but the I in IT is now a source of new revenues.…Information is king.…But the key is turning it into insights…that the enterprise can seize upon before one's competition.…
The fact that there is so many business trends…that have IT at their core,…represents an unprecedented opportunity for IT leaders.…It suggests new ways for IT leaders…to collaborate with their colleagues outside of IT.…Let's review some of these trends.…The first is data analytics.…This is probably the biggest opportunity…that businesses across industries are pursuing,…as it can lead to insights…that will impact the top and bottom lines.…
In this course, IT strategy consultant Peter High outlines how to create an agile IT department, measure IT performance, and create the role of business information officer. He also suggests ways in which leaders can change the organizational conversation about technology by sharing the IT mission, cocreating other departments' strategies, and finding areas of alignment.
- Recognize business trends that are enabled by technology.
- Explain where the Business Information Office should network.
- Recognize the importance of linking the IT mission to an enterprise mission.
- Explain why it is important to define success metrics when developing plans.
- Identify where the quantifiable metrics fall in the OGTM.