Concertina file or ring binder for documents for events coming up, - or an A4 desk diary - in date order. Good for repeating items and when there is documentation attached. When delegating, how to check that it does get done. The idea of a one week ahead rotating file. Filing cabinet with 31 day dividers and 12 month dividers - put the back each time.
- Here are are some thoughts about filing.…You might think filing is obvious.…Just stick it all in the filing cabinet…in alphabetical order.…But I'd like to suggest to you…that maybe it's better in some cases…to file things by due date.…The reason you would do this…is that it's quicker to have them ready for you…in date order.…And, as things become urgent, they come to the top.…So you're not going to miss them.…The snag is that if you want to find them,…and you don't know what date they are,…it can mean some rummaging.…But if you know you won't need it…until a certain date, it's a great way to file things.…
I use it for hotel bookings and conference agendas.…I just put them in my file in date order.…I take pages out and use them as they become current,…so that then when the date becomes around for the next job,…it's at the front.…When I had a desk diary, which was quite large,…I used to put all the future-based papers…just loose in the diary.…And that worked really well, but it wasn't very portable.…And, now that my diary is electronic,…
The most efficient people use technology and established systems of organization to manage their tasks and maximize their time. This course shows how to put these time management techniques to work for you.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Managing your inbox
- Managing repetitive tasks
- Using lists and calendars
- Maximizing spare time
- Organizing information digitally and on paper
- Getting the most out of technology and software
- Writing effective email
- Reducing filing