- Running a small business
- Organization and time management
- Account coverage and account support
- Staying in tune with your manager
- Maintaining regular, quality communication
- Using your company's CRM software
- Balancing work and life
- Tackling the challenges of working remotely
Skill Level Beginner
- Sales is a profession that can have many job descriptions. There are salespeople who focus on large retail accounts, specialists in certain industries, or those who sell directly to corporations. There is also one in its own category, and that's the field sales representative. The field sales representative is based remotely, and many love that thrill of working independently along with the feeling of running their own business. Some people thrive on that while others might find it more difficult.
In this course, we're going to look at everything from territory management to the working relationship with your manager, and also examine some of the common challenges and opportunities you'll face along the way. My name is Dean Karrel, and I've spent my entire career in sales. I've worked as a field sales representative and as a sales manager. I've experienced firsthand all of the perks and the downsides to being a field rep that we'll be reviewing in this course. I think you'll enjoy being a field representative, and I want to share my enthusiasm for it with you.
So thank you for taking this course, and let's get started.