Join Bob McGannon for an in-depth discussion in this video Tools for managing virtual teams efficiently, part of Managing Virtual Teams.
Imagine you're baking a pie.…You'll need a few things to help you…make it delicious rather than…a science experiment gone wrong.…Using the appropriate baking utensils is like…using different tools as a remote manager.…These tools can assist you with your task at hand.…Here I will share six different tools…and the pros and cons of each…that you can use to productively…and effectively manage your virtual team.…Virtual conference rooms, pros.…
You can get to see your team's faces,…watch reactions, and can create…a sense of togetherness.…If you can see your team and they can see you,…you can also limit the chance of distraction…as their attention and focus is visible to all.…Cons, technology sometimes isn't…completely reliable and glitches or malfunctions…can distract or negatively impact momentum.…Also, user error can be more difficult to manage…and address with virtual employees,…particularly ones who work from a home office…with little to no local tech support available to them.…
Social media, pros.…You can instantly share and see personal…
Discover how to build rapport, set mutual expectations, communicate, connect, overcome conflict, get work done, and grow the team. Also included is a look at the top five challenges managers face in leading remote teams and helpful solutions that will get your team on track.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Summarize the characteristics of the three “back to basics” areas of managing a remote team.
- Explain the steps taken to create positive relationships with a new team.
- Recall the purpose of integrity checks.
- Identify the characteristics of four types of management styles.
- Recognize the purpose of reviewing the lessons learned with a remote team.
- Determine the best action to take in order to enhance a remote team member’s sense of ownership and willingness to focus on performance.
Skill Level Intermediate
Coaching and Developing Employees (2013)with Lisa Gates1h 5m Intermediate
Motivating and Engaging Employees (2013)with Todd Dewett1h 50m Intermediate
1. Understanding Remote Team Management
2. Building Team Relationships
3. Developing an Effective Management Style
4. Managing Productivity and Results
5. Enhancing Success over Time
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.