Join Bob McGannon for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring payment scheduling options, part of Project Management Foundations: Procurement.
- It is said that timing is everything.…In the business and project world, the timing…of your payments to vendors or partners can…have a substantial effect on your overall project costs…and on the financial picture of your organization.…First and foremost, the timing of when…you pay for your procured products…and services can affect the price you pay,…and depending on the size of the purchase,…can have a notable effect on your financial picture.…Let me explain...…
Sales and marketing personnel are…often measured by their sales on a…monthly, quarterly, or financial year basis.…When you or your procurement team are working…with a company sales representative it may be advantageous…to understand if paying for a product or service…on a certain schedule, prior to quarter end for instance,…will allow you to get a better price.…You may also be directed by your own company…to hold off on purchasing something.…They may do this because they don't want to pay…for something during this financial month or quarter…and would prefer you wait until the next accounting period…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is project procurement?
- Should you buy or build?
- Putting procurement tasks in your schedule
- Understanding contract types
- Ensuring flexibility with the statement of work
- Exploring payment scheduling options
- Testing your market
- Using RFIs, RFQs, and RFPs
- Overcoming challenges