Retaining existing clients and expanding relationships with them is a huge source of sales for a consulting firm. Place deliberate effort on building, strengthening, and expanding relationships with existing clients. This leads to shorter sales cycles, lower effort sales, more predictable business, and more stable income. But watch out—you risk having too much work concentrated with a small customer base.
- Retaining existing clients…and expanding relationships with them…is a huge source of sales for a consulting firm.…Place deliberate effort on building,…strengthening, and expanding relationships…with your existing clients.…This will lead to shorter sales cycles,…lower effort sales, more predictable business,…and more stable income.…But watch out, you risk having too much work…concentrated with a small customer base.…If that big customer goes away,…you've got a huge problem on your hands.…
Over the years, I learned some great techniques…for expanding relationships with clients.…The first is ask for referrals…within the client organization.…I started working with a global pharmaceutical firm.…That first client I served, I sat down with her and said,…"Who else in the company would benefit from our services?"…She recommended five names off the top of her head.…You can include project team members…from other departments.…When you're running a project, ask what other…departments have people who should be on this project team.…
- Working as a consultant
- Generating revenue as a consultant
- Cost structures, pricing, finances, and taxes
- Marketing and selling consulting services
- Negotiating and contracting
- Working with clients
- Presenting findings to clients
- Implementing recommendations
- Managing legal issues
- Insuring a business
- Getting licensed and certified
Skill Level Beginner
Understanding Intellectual Propertywith Dana Robinson1h 31m Appropriate for all
1. Define Your Consulting Business
2. Marketing and Selling
3. Contract and Protect Yourself
4. Run the Consulting Engagement
5. Handle Administration
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.