Join Doug Rose for an in-depth discussion in this video Existing in the cloud, part of Agile Project Management: Comparing Agile Tools.
- [Narrator] Of all the software packages…we review in this course there are really only two…which give you the option to buy it, like it's a product,…or rent it like it's a service.…The first one is JIRA.…In here you have the option to host it in the Cloud.…You get a free version if you have up to 10 users,…but if you have more than 10 users,…then you have to pay a license fee…to use the software each month.…You'll also have the option to host YIRA on your own server…and here again, if you have less than 10 users,…you can just do a onetime payment of $10…and they claim that they donate that to charity.…
If you have more than 10 users,…then you buy the software in one lump sum.…Whether you choose to host it on your own server…or host it in the Cloud is primarily…just a financial decision.…If you put it on a spreadsheet,…then one of these options will just make more sense.…Now if you go to Microsoft's website…and you look at their licensing,…it's a tiny bit more complicated.…The first five users are free and then once you reach…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Remembering agile values
- Evaluating different agile tools, including cloud-based options
- Creating a backlog with Excel
- Setting up sprints in JIRA
- Portfolio planning in VersionOne
- Creating tasks in Microsoft's Team Foundation Server
- Running reports with CA Agile Central
- Checking team analytics in CA Agile Central
- Deciding which tool fits your team
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Evaluating Different Tools
2. Microsoft Excel
3. Atlassian: JIRA
5. Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
6. CA Agile Central (formerly Rally)
Log into AgilityHealth1m 27s
8. Deciding What to Use
Identify a few tools3m 13s
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.