The final interview at the conclusion of a consulting engagement is an opportunity to review your performance, and sow seeds for a future engagement. This video shares that conversation and gives you the opportunity to see how closing your current engagement remains the focus, while discussing other opportunities to deliver value to your client.
- In this exercise, my consulting engagement…is about to close.…The client and I are talking about accomplishments,…and my client's perception of the changes…that I spearheaded as their consultant.…Note a few things as you listen.…My success and improvement opportunities…and the roles I fulfilled during my engagement,…the results of my role as a reviewer.…Did I choose the right level of toughness in my review?…And, my approach to setting up…a subsequent consulting engagement.…In the next movie, I'll share my perspectives…on the outcomes of the conversation.…
- Well, it has been quite the journey,…and I'm not sure we could have done this without you.…It is so great to see the finance teams…on a single page, literally, for a change, and the…new single finance system is just humming right along.…- That is fantastic to hear, and thank you.…It's your support and concern and…attention to this was also important.…I couldn't have done it without you.…By the way, I heard something about tax payments…for overseas employees.…
- Identify the critical requirements needed to become a successful consultant.
- Review the roles a consultant can fulfill to increase their success when dealing with clients.
- Recognize approaches for assessing your success level with a client before you've received a formal evaluation.
- Explore how to switch between consulting roles without confusing or aggravating your client.
- Review the change management conditions that must be in place to successfully deploy your consulting solutions.
- Identify the actions that maximize your chances for future work with a client.