Join Bob McGannon for an in-depth discussion in this video Examining the cost of quality, part of Managing Project Quality.
- View Offline
- When I think of quality initiatives in the world…of projects a quote often enters my head.…I have a vivid picture of a scene…from the original version of the Karate Kid.…With Mr. Miyagi telling his young protégé,…“Balance Daniel son, balance.”…People often talk of the iron triangle of cost,…scope and time many others add to that,…fitting the word quality into the center of that triangle.…That’s seems appropriate to me,…as any decision regarding cost, scope,…or your project schedule can have a significant…effect on the quality of the products you produce.…
Costs can take on many forms when considering…the quality elements of your project deliverables.…Using the iron triangle components,…let’s examine how to analyze…the cost of quality in your project.…First, make sure the requirements for your deliverables…have defined quality standards.…For instance, the system will provide…sub-second response time,…or no more than one out of 1000 pieces…will have chemical impurities in them.…Ensure that you deliver to the level of quality requested,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is project quality?
- Using Pareto analysis and Lean Six Sigma
- Balancing quality, project workload, and customer needs
- Addressing quality issues
- Planning IT tests
- Testing deliverables<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.