In this video, learn the three rituals to quickly and effectively shift how you are feeling from the moment you wake up, in order to build and keep a positive attitude throughout the day while serving your customers.
- Imagine this scenario for a second.…You encounter a rude, impatient customer…who's returning an item without a receipt,…and you don't have it in stock.…You're also under staffed that day,…and there's a long line of glaring customers…waiting to be served, while the phone…is ringing off the hook.…How are you supposed to deliver excellent customer service…in this situation?…It's a lot easier than you might think.…One way to start is coming to work with…a positive attitude.…
I know this is great in theory, but how do you do that?…You need to establish daily rituals that…have a positive impact on your day, and carry over…to your customers.…Some people are in the habit of waking up and…immediately checking email or news headlines.…Instead, what if the first thing you do…is to take a moment for yourself?…What I call, gratitude time.…Devote 10 to 20 minutes when you start your day…to feeling good through prayer, meditation,…or even journaling.…
Think about everything you're thankful for,…and this will put a smile on your face.…
In this course, learn techniques to deal with upset customers, and show empathy with active listening. Instructor and customer service expert David Brownlee—the author of Rock Star Customer Service—also provides etiquette tips to ensure quality service at every point of interaction: from the moment customers walk in the door to keeping them happy while they're on hold.
- Why it matters to deliver good service
- Creating a positive attitude
- Delivering a good first impression
- Dealing with upset customers
- How to listen
- Retail etiquette, including phone etiquette