- Identify the two most important principles of event planning.
- Describe the process of negotiating a budget for an event.
- Explain the most important factors when planning a menu.
- Summarize the different types of vendors and what they offer.
- Cite the various options for ground transportation and how to choose the best type for your event.
Skill Level Beginner
- Are you an event planner with great style and a knack for making the impossible possible? Do you love designing amazing experiences that leave people excited and inspired? Have you ever dreamed of turning these talents into a career? Events are an integral part of the corporate ecosystem and key to any company's success. They set the stage for teams to achieve goals, celebrate success, bond with each other, and ultimately become stronger and more productive. Learning the key skills for event planning is what this course is about.
Hi, I'm Valerie Berry. I've been inspired to tell stories from the time I was a child. As an adult, this desire has led me to a career in event planning, where I've been fortunate to work with many companies in a variety of industries, ranging from star-studded Hollywood to the lightning-speed world of internet technology. In this course I'm going to share with you some fundamental concepts that can be applied to event planning in any industry, along with some tips and tricks that I've picked up over the years. If you've never planned an event before, don't worry.
You're in the right place. This course is designed to give you the foundation and confidence that you need to make your event a success, whether it's your first or your 51st. So let's start planning.