Join Bob McGannon for an in-depth discussion in this video Evaluating your communication style, part of Managing International Projects.
- I have a seemingly insignificant and sometimes humorous…personal handicap, I'm color blind.…I am often certain something is one color, and actually,…it's another color altogether.…I often have no clue what I'm looking at.…I once went shopping with my wife.…She picked out some slacks and went into a dressing room.…After she had tried them on, she handed me the pairs…of slacks over the change room curtain.…She asked me to take the light green pair back…and keep the light brown pair.…
The trouble was, I saw them both as gray.…Communication style can be like color-blindness.…You may not know you're color blind until someone…points out that something's not gray, but it's green.…On a project, however, you don't want to wait until…somebody points out that your communication style…isn't working.…There are things you can do to determine that…and correct it.…You may need to adapt your communication style to that…of your team.…Look at the communication style preferences…of your team members.…
Do yours align?…Do your team members prefer the use of graphics and…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Communicating across borders
- Bridging time zones and language gaps
- Finding and nurturing management "champions"
- Evaluating your communication style
- Keeping international projects on track